' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: It's veggie, veggie hot

Monday 1 August 2016

It's veggie, veggie hot

What's the new theme at Country View Challenges for August? Hot summer days, of course! I do hope the weather will match our expectations, but if not, I know another way to get heat...


For the background I used dye ink applied with  Cut & Dry foam through a sunray stencil (Tim Holtz THS003 ).

I stamped the chillies and the Hot sentiment ( Hot, hot, hot! set from Rubber Dance) with dye inks. To deepen the colours  I used pencils in orange and reds on top of the stamped image.

The summer stamp is half a sentiment (Summer Bloom from Docrafts). I first inked it in red, then inked the top and bottom with black ink.

If you can stand the heat I'll expect you will join us in our challenge! Do pop over to the Country View Challenge blog to get more inspiration  and see what my teamies made.
I am entering The Artistic Stamper challenge.

12 comments:

  1. This is just brilliant Christine...a perfect take for the challenge...I can't stop humming the tune now. I love your chillies! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy tag. Love the sun rays. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great summer tag with chillies! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Christine - brought a smile to my face! Nxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very hot !!! lol
    It is actually very cool !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmm- I love chillis - brilliant work Christine - hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning tag and great idea!! really Hot Hot.. also lettering is fab!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the HOT summer days challenge!! Who knew my chillie stamps could be used this way? So coool, er... I mean HOT! Veggie, veggie hot!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this Christine, fabulous stamps and stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a hot take on the challenge, Christine! Absolutely stunning! I love the black and red you used!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you have interpreted the theme, fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tag Christine and thank for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper for this months challenge - Debs DT x

    ReplyDelete