' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: C is for...

Friday 5 August 2016

C is for...

An easy letter for the latest Craft Barn Dictionary challenge, C and no twist either.

As it happens I had this stamp set already out when the challenge was published and it felt like a sign... Chillies it is then!
Looking the word up, I realised the spelling, especially the plural is, let's say... fluid but this is how I and my chosen online dictionary spell it.



































My final image has been inked with watercolour crayons, but the initial plan was to use Brushos, as I did for the W dictionary page. Several of you were curious so I took some pictures of the process. First the materials I used and how they were applied: 



I don't know if it's because of a chemical property or electro static but the powder will quite happily stay on the dry stamp .  However, and this is not visible, lots of minute bits of powder will have landed all over the stamp!
This became apparent when I stamped!


This picture shows the stamp just after spraying and with the naked eye there are no signs of powder or even water on the stamps that I'm not planning to print.

First generation (top) and 2nd generation (after another spray of water)  gave those results and although I couldn't see any water or powder you can see what happened!


So sadly to use the Brusho method I would have had to cut my stamp plate and I wasn't ready to do that.
You can see I'm working on top a newspaper and I can't stress enough that these powders travel far both wet and dry and this is a good way to make sure all powder is contained. I actually spray the page with water to "fix" any powder on the newspaper before disposing of it.

Coming back to the page... After stamping the chillies from the Hot, Hot, Hot stamp set (Rubber Dance), on the right fresh ones and on the left dry ones, I stamped the word "Chillies" from the word Chill and the letters i, e and s I retrieved from "spice girl" in the same stamp plate.

I inked the letter C from yellow, orange and red ink to echo the colours of the chillies and added the printed dictionary definition.

Thanks for coming by,

Also entering the Casology challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Craftyfield! I love how your chillies turned out! Love the watercolour look. Smart to use letters from 'spice girl' so you could spell 'chillies' in plural. By the way, the numerous ways of spelling 'chillies' gave me a headache when I made that stamp set! I finally had to pick one and hope for the best ... Thank you for using my chillie stamps once again! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clean and crisp and looks amazing

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this stamp before but I absolutely love it (big chilli fan here). I love the effect you have created even though your original plan didn't work out. I know what you mean about Brushos - they give great effects but one grain can suddenly make a vivid appearance on your desk days later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'adore, c'est super chouette !...
    Et contente de lire tes expérimentations, c'est toujours positif et enrichissant même quand il y a des ratés et des pâtés.. Lol.
    Super!!! Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Et il est de quelle marque ce tampon?... Elle est extra cette planche !! Bises :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great word choice! I like the way you achieved the word Chillies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous stamp. Love how you have used it, and a great word to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you only inked the stamp partially to achieve your CAS card! Great colors, super watercolor effect! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the watercolour effect you have achieved and the clean and simple look of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your method. I would never have thought to put dry powder on the stamp. The watercolour effects are lovely,

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous piece, I love the CAS look and don't use it enough thinking I have to create a background every time!!!!. Love your colour scheme and thanks for the tutorial.
    Many thanks for the lovely comments you have left on my blog and many apologies for not visiting your blog often enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your chillies are gorgeous and no matter how you spell it they're yummy! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete